- Bharat gas offers liquid petroleum gas cylinders for both commercial as well as private use. These gas providing services are offered through the authorised agencies of Bharat gas. The procedure for applying for a new gas cylinder is not tough and can be accomplished easily.
- “The application for LPG consumers has the option to book refill cylinder, register request for a second cylinder and lodge a complaint.
- Bharatgas – Providing Customer Delight to over 30 million Homes
- LPG as a household cooking fuel was introduced by erstwhile Burmah Shell under the brand name “Burshane” in mid 1955. The journey of LPG as a domestic fuel continued with Burmah Shell until the Government nationalized the Company Burmah Shell to become Bharat Petroleum.
“Bharatgas” from Bharat Petroleum has dominated the LP Gas market in India for over three decades. It was indeed a great challenge for Bharatgas to replace Burshane as a brand name since “Burshane” had become a generic name in the country for LPG. Bharat Petroleum’s inspiration to meet every challenge drove them to work towards establishing Bharatgas as a dominant brand.
- Market research helped in understanding the strength of the brand and out lining the way forward. One of the major changes was to create a Strategic Business Unit to deal with Bharatgas. Soon programmes totally focused on meeting customers’ need were drawn up.
- A pioneer in more ways than one, Bharatgas has brought many innovative offerings to the customers’.
- The Corporation was quick to realize the need to look at the needs of the ‘Urban’ and the ‘Rural’ customer differently.
- Over the years, the urban Market reach was very large, the customer more sensitive. Whereas, it was a herculean task to reach the rural consumers primarily due to inhabitation being spread over very far flung areas unlike the congested urban areas, thereby creating a logistic challenge. Having understood the needs of the two different segments, Bharatgas undertook various initiatives.
Customer initiatives included launch of an exclusive website www.ebharatgas.com to provide convenience of booking Bharatgas ‘On Line’ to customers. The website also provides a feed back system enabling the consumers to directly speak to the Organisation. Other methods of booking through IVR systems and drop boxes placed at busy locations in town were also introduced. Booking of Bharatgas is also made available through SMS facility.
Areas are serviced by the Bharatgas Rural Marketing Vehicles (RMV), comprising of tank truck and the mobile filling unit. These RMVs service rural areas, where the traditional distributorship network was not present. The RMVs instill great customer confidence as they can see their cylinders being filled in their presence and checked for safety.
The promise of reaching a sound cylinder with the right Q&Q is indeed fulfilled!
Rural marketing having gathered momentum in India had many MNCs set up rural infrastructure to reach their own product. ITC’s e-choupal initiatives and the DCM group’s Hariyali Kisan Bazar, are such initiatives. Bharatgas has leveraged the opportunity to utilize their infrastructure to reach LPG to deep interior rural areas.
Customers too have been our focus. Bharatgas has demonstrated the various applications of the wonder fuel LPG for innovative uses in various Industries.
Bharatgas has also introduced various pack sizes to suit the different types of customers.
Piped LPG is another first from Bharatgas.
Well accepted by major Realty Developers, Bharatgas piped LPG system for multi-storied apartments and shopping malls is gaining popularity.
- In house training and involvement in recognizing creative and innovative challenges is a major objective. Bharatgas continuously supports innovative ideas by replicating the success story in one area to the rest of the areas. Similarly, the network is continuously energized with recognition and rewards.
- Accolades and Awards have come to Bharatgas in good measure. Recognition for high Safety standards from Oil Industry Safety Directorate (OISD) has been accorded along with a large number of Bottling plants receiving various awards for environment and safety as well distributors receiving customer service awards from institutions.
Environment & Society
- The brand just does not limit itself to product and services, it reaches out to belong and be part of the social fabric engaging in life giving and enhancing the quality of life of the less fortunate.
- Bharatgas employees as well as the network are engaged in various activities such as helping victims of the natural calamities or acts of insurgence and terrorism.
- Initiatives like health checkup camps, eye camps, blood donation drives, providing free spectacles as well as medicines for those who cannot afford is undertaken. Greening initiatives, Global warming and other environmental issues to save the planet form part of the brand’s regular initiatives.
Team Bharatgas believes that providing value added services to customers will be the ultimate differentiator in the market place. Understanding customer behavior and tracking their aspirations hold the key to success! This conviction drives us to continuously innovate to provide offering that make a difference to the customers. Customer convenience is at the core of every action.